Join the Community Conversation: Localism=Prosperity=Happiness this Tuesday, November 19 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. La Cocina, 201 N Court Ave. Recently, happiness has been a topic of scientific studies, documentary films, self-help books and city initiatives. The University of Arizona College of Social & Behavioral Sciences has coordinated a six-week series of lectures on the topic of happiness. Coming on the heels of these very popular weekly lectures, local author and community builder, Anita Fonte of Community Renaissance has partnered with Local First Arizona to facilitate a community conversation on happiness as it relates to localism. Come discuss the four pillars of community happiness and how supporting local businesses increases prosperity, leading to more personal and community happiness. A portion of food and beverage sales from the evening will go to the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona. Check out the facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/events/171136593093743/ and/or click here to RSVP: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1SMklOmsasGiONu2jIcatzAbN9-3srEPjYG_lfav-Kjk/viewform
- New Film FOOD CHAINS…not to miss!
- Pro Bono Week October 19-25th
- Great Summer Opportunity! Global Social Innovation Fellowship
- FOOD! Don’t miss the 2014 Downtown Lecture Series October 15-November 12
- Activating Impact: Lend for America’s 6th Annual Summit
- Looking for resources related to social justice public policy?
- What do unions and cooperatives have in common?
From the Forums
TranslatorPowered by Google Translate.