The UN Millennium Development goals include ambitious aims to ensure environmental sustainability to be achieved by 2015. The UN is now in a process of evaluating achievements and making plans for the post-2015 period, which will emphasize sustainability. As a movement which is centered on sustainable development, there are still a number of obstacles which impede cooperatives’ contribution to helping communities thrive socially, environmentally and economically. Read the International Cooperative Alliance’s position paper on the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals here.
- New Film FOOD CHAINS…not to miss!
- Pro Bono Week October 19-25th
- Great Summer Opportunity! Global Social Innovation Fellowship
- FOOD! Don’t miss the 2014 Downtown Lecture Series October 15-November 12
- Activating Impact: Lend for America’s 6th Annual Summit
- Looking for resources related to social justice public policy?
- What do unions and cooperatives have in common?
From the Forums
TranslatorPowered by Google Translate.