Attend the Alta Gracia Summer Immersion Program! Thanks to more than a decade of organizing between workers in Sitralpro, an independent union in the Dominican Republic, and students in United Students Against Sweatshops, a national network of students promoting workers’ rights, Alta Gracia offers an innovative new business model for the garment industry. Alta Gracia is the first ever living-wage union-made apparel initiative to hit the college logo market. Alta Gracia is the only brand for which labor rights and payment of a living-wage are verified by leading independent labor rights watchdog Workers Rights Consortium with which more than 180 schools are affiliated. For an article on the organization, click here.
- AREA 48
- Association of Cooperative Educators
- Eastern Conference for Workplace Democracy
- World We Want Foundation Social Action Projects
- Economic Democracy Conference in Madison, Wisconsin
- Call for Applications – MA in Human Rights and Conflict Management in Pisa, Italy
- International Co-operative Alliance Annual Conference
From the Forums
TranslatorPowered by Google Translate.