- Raise awareness about the concept, history and theory of the social economy in the United States, with the specific aim of promoting its identity and growth within the American Southwest.
- Support capacity-building and alliance-building among academics and practitioners by making the following available:
- Research articles, documents, and working papers about the social solidarity economy
- Financial, legal and organizational resources available to support social economy organizations in the Southwest
- A directory of social economy organizations in Arizona
- Practical information about the formation and development of cooperatives and collective enterprises in an effort to encourage community development
- Connect individuals and groups in Arizona and the Southwest to national and international networks of community groups, organizations and institutions interested in the development and consolidation of the social economy
- Facilitate the cultural development of the social economy in the U.S. Southwest by advocating locally and regionally for greater support and investment in the social and solidarity economy among public and private sector entities.